£50,000 - £65,000
almost 3 years ago
Perfect opportunity for an experienced, qualified accountant to join a growing, and already well established, investor who manage an extensive portfolio of renewable assets around the world.
This is a wide-ranging role that will see the candidate oversee the financial reporting and performance analysis of a large portfolio of solar and other energy infrastructure assets, as well as the potential to work with the team on real estate and leisure portfolios.
Key to the success of the candidate will be the ability to drive process and controls throughout the finance team to create efficiencies to enable the improvement in quality of reporting information and create resource capacity to add value. The candidate will need to be able to work with and provide information to a range of individuals including investment committees, portfolio managers, shareholders and management.
The candidate needs the ability to identify issues efficiently but also the capacity to resolve them proactively with the assistance of investment managers and the Head of Technical. The candidate will be supported by a high caliber investment and finance team.
Role and responsibilities
- Preparation and oversight of the preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts for multiple single purpose entities. This will involve managing 2.5 trainee accountants.
- Consolidation of fund performance and reporting to the Group Financial Controller.
- Review of management accountant submissions and performance reporting
- Preparation of Key Performance Indicator reporting across the portfolio for the large quantum of solar PV plants currently has under management. Performance of analysis and proposals to rectify any areas of concern.
- Performing financial analysis of investments under management for both internal and external audiences.
- Presentation of financial analysis to shareholders face to face, by telephone and via letter/email.
- Attendance at investee company board meetings to present updates on performance.
- Acting as investor point of contact for financial related matters.
- Liaison with external advisors, particularly tax and legal.
- Driving automation through the month end management account process so that efficiencies can be achieved including roll out of consolidation process.
- Oversight/ review of the purchase/sales ledger system including recommending payments in reference to contracts.
- Involvement and oversight in the income collection process for the solar assets. This will involve working with the Head of Technical to design and implement a system to test the validity of metering information, to raise invoices for the sale of electricity and for claiming subsidies that can then be converted into cash.
- Working with the head of technical to identify and rectify performance issues within the portfolio.
- Providing training to trainee accountants within the asset management team.
- Ensuring an environment of strong financial control.
- Performing and updating valuation analysis on assets under management.
- A reasonably large amount of ad hoc activity to provide support to the investment managers relating to existing and potential investments.
- Well-presented individual with outgoing personality
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualified or qualified by experience
- Excellent A-levels
- Strong knowledge of Excel and MS Office.
- Accounting package experience
- High level of numeracy
- Keen attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Ability to take responsibility and work with limited supervision
- A reliable, honest and discreet individual
- Strong communication and personal skills
- Although no previous experience of the low carbon sector is required it will be advantageous if the candidate is able to demonstrate an interest in sustainability