Our client is a leading wind IPP in Edinburgh
They are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to take primary accounting responsibility for a sizeable development project and manage a team of Junior accountants.
- Production of portfolio information including reporting on project performance
- Production of annual statutory accounts and subsequent audit.
- Administration of drawdowns, distributions, equalisations and general investor reporting (quarterly) including ad hoc information requests as necessary.
- Interrogation of financial models (supplied by project accountants) and collation of performance reports to monitor and evaluate project output.
- Financial due diligence of project performance targets
- Liaise with the O&M team to deal with operational issues, report on asset performance and optimise investment returns
- Provide business partnering support to the wider commercial and deal teams
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a wider management team alongside other finance professionals and operational managers, as well as use initiative to proactively and independently manage a portfolio of infrastructure investments
- Be a qualified accountant with real experience of accounting (preferably project and/or fund accounting) with either an industry or practice background
- Be well versed in Excel and have a working knowledge of financial models (macros and VBA preferable but not essential).
- Be an innovative thinker and not fear challenging financial problems
- Have experience in financial reporting in foreign currencies
- Be degree level educated.
As part of the recruitment process, we will be asking all applicants to confirm that they have (or will have) the right to work in the UK if they are successful in securing the role, before the interview stage.