Flexible Depending on Experience
7 months ago
We have a new opportunity for a Financial Control Analyst. The Financial Control Analyst requires daily interaction with other marketing entities & Central Procurement where industry and contractual/protocol deadlines are to be respected. Reconciliation of discrepancies and resolution of counterpart issues requires the Financial Control Analyst to be responsible for seeking out information necessary for problem solving and the need to be able to focus on priorities and multi task.
Finance Reporting & Reconciliation
- Developing, maintaining and improving Indirect Margin P&L reports; translating Middle Office P&L figures into data usable by Finance and Accounting teams
- Develop a strong relationship with Finance teams in the different countries
- Reconcile and report cashflows linked to trading of renewable generation certificates (ROCs, REGOs)
- Answer & monitor both internally and externally any Finance related questions
- Cross-train and assist other Finance Control analysts in their duties
- Provide help to the Back Office & Finance Control Manager on Finance Control reports
- Monthly dashboard of Central Procurement fixed costs (actual vs. Budget)
- Act as a project leader to ensure effective delivery of projects related to P&L assigned by the Back Office & Finance Control Manager
- Suggesting improvements to the efficiency and accuracy of existing operational tasks.
- Work with IT and Systems Interface department raising bugs and suggesting improvements to the existing systems.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing
- To interact with and form strong working relationships with:
- Trading Back Office and Middle Office
- Marketing entities teams (Finance, Pricing, IT)
- Middle Office.
- 2 or more years of commercial experience in an Energy company role.
Knowledge of European energy markets preferred.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Confident personality with the ability to interact with multi-national teams, well-organised and capacity to work under pressure.
- University degree qualification preferred or equivalent
- Fluent in English & preferably one other major European language