about 1 year ago
THE OPPORTUNITY: The Green Recruitment Company are partnered with an innovative and established leader in the investment space, specialising in the investment of businesses that make a difference to our environment, our health, our society and our economy.
Based in the City of London, we are searching for a high calibre, newly qualified Chartered Accountant, who is looking for a role within Commerce & Industry, specifically the renewable energy sector.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this is a newly created position and plays an essential part in the accounting and finance day to day activities within this fast paced and growing business. The incumbent will take full ownership of the statutory accounts and corporation tax while having a good exposure to management accounting and other ad-hoc finance tasks.
- Deliver the financial reporting requirements for a portfolio of energy clients
- Complete final numerical, disclosure and consistency checks in financial statements
- Occasionally liaise with external auditors throughout the statutory accounts process
- Owning key balance sheet lines and reconciliations as part of month end responsibilities, posting journals and providing ad hoc project analysis to finance and non-finance individuals
- Taking ownership for the year-end reporting and assisting with the Group financial statements
- Prepare and take ownership of UK corporate tax returns for a portfolio of energy companies
- Analyse and report on portfolio companies’ ETRs and tax disclosures for individual statutory accounts
- To manage a portfolio of companies to ensure their accounts and corporation tax returns are prepared accurately and promptly
- Monitoring completeness and accuracy of direct and indirect tax returns
- Coordination of preparation of responses to the questions of the tax authorities in various jurisdictions in the course of tax audits;
- Monitoring the changes in the tax regulations and assessment of their impact on the Company, its subsidiaries and Group operations.
Key requirements and capabilities:
- Recently qualified Chartered Accountant
- Enthusiastic and motivated team player with the ability to plan and execute tasks unsupervised
- Flexible and able to work to tight deadlines
- Resilient, enthusiastic, hard working with strong communication skills
- High level of personal credibility, professionalism and ethical standards
- Ability to build new reports and presentations
- Microsoft Dynamics and Iris Accounts Production advantageous
- High level Excel and a good understanding of Power BI
This role will suit an outgoing, ambitious and technically strong ACA/ACCA who relishes the opportunity to add value in a growing business that offers excellent training and development