10 months ago
Brand new vacancy for a newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.) to join a reputable renewable energy asset manager. This business provides development, construction and operational management of renewable projects across Europe.
The company provide technical, operational and financial expertise to investors, helping them manage technical and operational risks and maximise returns.
This role is to assist the Finance team with the financial management for a growing portfolio of renewable energy assets across the UK and Europe in line with the group strategy.
Currently, the business manages circa 500MW of operational assets, with new operational and construction projects expected in the future.There will be potential opportunities to be involved with construction projects as well as the present operational portfolio.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the financial management function on the existing operational wind farm and solar projects across Europe, with main key tasks:
- Managing invoices payable process
- Managing invoices receivables process
- Review of compilation of VAT Returns
- Also, assisting with the tasks below:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts reporting packages
- Quarterly reporting
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Preparation of annual budgets
He/she will manage financial management procedures to deliver high quality and consistent results to the clients. He/she will assist the Finance team in continuing to develop the
relationships with local accountants and in ensuring consistency across the reporting spectrum, and to develop and improve internal processes and quality assurance across the business
- Qualified accountant / book-keeper
- Degree or higher qualification
- Excellent IT skills (specifically Excel, Word)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Highly structured and organised
- Strong reconciliation skills (ideally from consultancy, audit, or other
- professional background)
- Strong review / analytical skills with ability to identify errors and
- challenge local accountants with reasoning for errors
- Accurate and diligent in order to deliver “correct first-time” reports
- on a consistent basis
- Ability to self-manage, to prioritise and to work within tight
- Prepared to work unsocial hours when required to meet essential
- deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to work within the current team
- Motivated to deliver results with actions completed according to