12 months ago
Finance Director, London
The Green Recruitment Company has recently secured investment to expand geographically, with particular emphasis on the USA, Australia, mainland Europe and China. The company is also expanding its functional capabilities with significant investments made in contract recruitment and consulting services.
Having grown from 20 to a projected 50 people this year, the Company has budgeted to hit 100 employees in the next 18 months, and 200 within 3 years.
In preparation for this growth a Finance Director is required to join the Board of Directors. This individual will be tasked with building a Finance team over the next 3 years to run the global financial operations of the Company. The ideal individual will be a strong manager and team player while also being prepared to grow with the company with a hands-on approach, particularly in the first 12-18 months while systems, processes and personnel are being established. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced recruitment FD in search of a new venture, or for a more junior Management Accountant / AD looking to take on their first FD role.
- Ensuring invoicing, compliance, credit control, payroll etc is performed punctually and to a high-quality standard on a global scale.
- Setting up scalable systems, processes and policies for internal use such as pay/bill systems, procurement / PO management etc.
- Assisting the commercial teams to navigate international compliance requirements and obtaining appropriate recruitment licensing for new markets.
- Building a contract compliance team.
- Managing relationships with banks and renewing and running a global ID line.
- Preparing monthly management accounts in line with CEO requirements and quarterly board-packs.
- Conceptualising and building a global Finance team.
- Working with the executive leadership team and business heads in writing budgets as well as formulating strategy and milestone financial objectives.
- Working with the CEO to manage internal and external investor relations.
- Liaising with TA and HR to ensure that budgeted Finance team hires are made and onboarded in a timely fashion.
- Coaching, training, troubleshooting and motivating team members to perform their roles.
Working with company partner businesses on new and innovative projects geared at helping to fund Green start-ups and SMEs.
- 5+years of experience in broad financial management accounting, ideally in a medium or large organization
- Experience of working in a recruitment company with a contract / temp function
- International experience, ideally in the US and / or China.
- Proven line management experience
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA post-graduate qualifications (fully qualified ideally but not essential)
- Entrepreneurial can-do positive attitude towards challenges and inevitable growing pains.
- Must be passionate about the importance of combating climate change
- Board position (or opportunity to work towards a Board position)
- A high level of autonomy to build a Global Finance team
- Lucrative long-term company shares / share options
- Budget for external training & development as required
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary and bonus, pension scheme, holidays, private healthcare etc.
Please get in touch for a confidential, informal conversation on 0044 7789 344995 or firstname.lastname@example.org