14 days ago
The Field Service Engineer will attend customers' sites, maintaining various solar PV systems on a day-today basis. These PV systems are mainly ground mounted PV systems. The Field Service Engineer will be carrying out maintenance on installations, utilising and testing solar PV.
Health and Safety also plays a significant part in this role with responsibilities including following company and site-specific method statements and risk assessments whilst ensuring tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practices, industry best safety practices, company and owner procedures, plans, and guidelines as well as all pertinent laws and regulations/standards.
- Responsible for routine maintenance, testing, and remedial work on deployed solar PV systems
- Responsible for complying with procedures
- Installation of any new Solar PV or Wind systems in the current pipeline
- Responsible for performing Preventative Maintenance accordingly with the PPM annual plan
- Responsible for performing Corrective Maintenance as occur
- Reporting of activities performed on site, daily basis, through the CMMS or manual reports as applicable
- Own risk assessment, analysis and operational Limitations. Report all near misses to line manager
- Responsible for supervision and coordination of third party contractors carrying out works on site
- Coordinate third party contractors in order to comply with H&S Regulations
- Keeping accurate and detailed records of electrical testing, that are suitable for audit Fault finding for any system that is not performing correctly
- Alert the line manager of any issues
- Maintain data security and confidentiality by using information within the parameters of the job role, any applicable SLAs, the company data policies and / or privacy notices and the statutory guidelines set out within the GDPR and any associated UK legislation. Pay particular regard to any data that is generated by CCTV or that may be classified as personal data.
- Comply with all required fire, health and safety requirements for the environment in which you are working, including making yourself aware of the current applicable policies and risk assessments and acting accordingly, and attending any required training. In particular to adhere to bio security, health and safety and confined spaces protocols.
- Any other reasonable task as requested by a Manager, Partner or Director of the business
- Collaborative – Demonstrate effective team work and close collaboration across functions and geographical locations, to facilitate knowledge sharing and continued learning and development for the benefit of everyone
- Diligent - Excellent time keeping, punctuality and consistent attendance at work as well as meeting deadlines, persevering with challenging tasks, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail and consistently delivering work to the highest standard
- Trustworthy - To act ethically and with integrity in all working practices and behave with honesty and decency at all times. Be trusted with the functions of your job and be able to take sole responsibility for a task or work alone as required
- Flexible Working attitude - Respond to changing requirements which may affect the working day, and to deal appropriately with varying customer needs
- Well Organised - Capable of planning effectively and then dealing with a number of different tasks at a time whilst still maintaining priority on the needs of the business and our customers
- Positive attitude - Deal with challenging situations in a positive manner; have the ability to remain calm and maintain a balanced viewpoint when dealing with complex or difficult matters and demonstrating a high degree of resilience in the workplace
- Communicative – Able to communicate at all levels across the staff and management and to interact professionally with all colleagues and our customers
- Ambitious – Enthusiastic about the businesses and to want to have a continuously rewarding career with the Company, to work on new challenges with enthusiasm, demonstrate initiative, stretch capabilities and seek opportunities for personal development
- Customer Focussed – understand that the needs of the customer take priority and strive for excellence in customer satisfaction at all times
- High degree of motivation and drive.