10 months ago
An exciting opportunity to join a market-leading colocation provider...
My client is hiring at their sites in Amsterdam (Netherlands) and Frankfurt (Germany)
This is a critical engineering role with an enviable list of high-profile customers.
This role is shift based and provides 24x7x365 Data Centre operations and engineering cover for their European sites.
The role supports the Shift supervisor in overall responsibility for the buildings’ Electrical and Mechanical systems, both from a preventative and reactive maintenance perspective. Change management and incident management are also key elements of this role. This person must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform PPMs and Service Repairs on Critical Data Centre Systems (UPS, SBM, PDU, Generators, ATS, STS, Chillers, CRAH, AHU, Humidifiers, Building Controls etc.)
- Management of Contractors PPMs and Service Repairs on Critical Data Centre Systems, all associated administrative duties,
- Carry out Isolation, Earthing and Reinstatement of Critical Data Centre Electrical and Mechanical equipment and systems as and when required.
- Read, review and amend Data Centre Electrical / Mechanical system drawings.
- Perform and Manage BMS monitoring and carry out primary response to Critical & Non-Critical Alarms whilst on shift. Must perform diagnostic of alarms, generate RCA escalate, instigate repairs and process accordingly when they occur.
- Monitor and Perform Customer requests 24x7x365 and escalate when required as per escalation procedure.
- Operate, inspect and maintain Emergency Power Generation and UPS equipment; determine systems are functioning as per design, and that maintenance is performed in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and or policy and procedure.
- Write, Review, Dry-Run and Modify MOP’s, SSP’s and SOP’s to reduce Human Error and ensure 100% uptime of the site.
- Must maintain a minimum of LVAP Status and relevant qualifications whilst in the role, perform switching frequently and cover out of hours support when customer contracts dictate.
Successful candidates will:
- Have recognised formal Electrical or Mechanical training
- Knowledge of operation of critical building infrastructure (e.g. electrical, mechanical and fabric)
- Be based in or local to Frankfurt (Germany) or Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Proven Data-Centre experience