about 2 years ago
My Client are a global ICP and are looking for an experienced estimator within private networks and contestable connections. The Electrical Estimator is responsible for the timely production of detailed pricing of HV & LV Installations from client specifications, conceptual designs and technical work scopes.
- Preparation of tenders and quotations from specifications and drawings within defined time periods, liaise with customers to clarify requirements.
- Conduct site assessments and evaluate any risks and potential problems
- Responsible for checking of accuracy and completeness of clients tender documents
- Responsible for evaluations of options or alternatives
- Liaise with Sub-contractors and suppliers to obtain the best available quotations
- Produce formal handover documentation on accepted work
- Attend handover meetings were required and explain project scope, estimate, clarifications and assumptions.
- Completion of all company procedure documents and financial information
- You must be an experienced engineer with a proven track record in providing technical solutions and costing for an electrical and civil engineering projects;
- A detailed understanding of the differences between Contestable and Non Contestable works within the Electricity Connection environment;
- You would be experienced in working with Distribution Network Operators (DNOs), Independent DNOs (IDNOs), and Independent Connections Providers (ICPs) in voltages from LV up to 132kV.
- You will have good tendering and commercial project management skills, and a good understanding of Grid and Primary Substations, G81 design standards and have an engineering background.
- A good understanding of the planning and sequencing of Construction projects;
- HNC or above in Electrical Engineering;
- Proficient using of MS Office software packages: MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, etc.
- Good technical and commercial knowledge and experience
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills in verbally and written