2 months ago
Join a team of practitioners with deep technical insight and knowledge in renewable energy, motorways, rail, aviation and communications working to deliver integrated engineering, procurement, and construction services. We are working with leading engineering, construction, and project management company that brings a blend of international expertise and local capability to utility-scale projects worldwide.
If you are a value-driven cost estimating professional looking to join a team that puts sustainability and innovation at the heart of our business and delivering real value to clients – this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client is looking to hire a senior estimating professional holding expertise in utility-scale renewable energy (onshore wind and utility-scale PV solar) for an immediate need within their renewables division. The right candidate specializes in developing bid evaluations including costs as well as schedule evaluations and will operate as part of a central renewables team.
Key Job Duties:
- Applies knowledge of renewable energy projects and reviews contractor estimates and ensures quality and integrity.
- Analyzes and validates contractor estimates. Effectively presents estimate review package to Customer.
- Prepares specialized cost contingency analysis tools to compensate for undefined scope utilizing a conceptual, or defined, scope of work from an internal layout and/or design inputs.
- Support bid evaluation of cost and schedule criteria and prepares bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with vendors/contractors/partners.
- Review and evaluate contractor change orders and/or pricing.
- Prepares and reviews escalation calculations for estimates.
- Along with the core, the renewables team identifies ways to mitigate project risk. Assesses the uncertainties associated with productivity, material pricing, wage rates and quantity variation.
- Supports proposal activities and provides guidance in the preparation of proposal cash flow models and working capital analysis.
- Responsible for the management of the overall project costs across a portfolio.
- Prepares and coordinates the development of staffing and operating plans for cost engineering activities.
- Reviews contract drafts for adequacy of cost and scope definition, and coordinates the development of all data in support of negotiations.
- Prepares, coordinates, and directs cost engineering presentations to Bechtel and client management, as required.
- Conducts personnel performance reviews and career counseling. Interviews candidates for employment and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
- Directs cost analysis and problem-solving activities and develops and executes policy objectives and standards applicable to cost analysis activities.
- Performs or directs functional audits of project activities to ensure technical adequacy of project cost engineering activities as required.
- Develops and supports improvement measure institutionalization for the core renewables team.
- Capture and incorporate lessons learned for the continued improvement and success of the rapid deployment of renewable projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within the global business unit.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. In lieu of a degree, 15 years of related work experience required.
- 7 years of professional experience in project controls with an emphasis on cost and project estimating
- 3+ years of recent estimating experience for utility-scale renewable energy projects (Wind, Solar, and/or Battery Storage).
- Knowledge of NEC requirements and other industry standards.
- Expertise in estimating for utility scale Solar, Wind or Battery Storage projects in the US.
- Knowledge of EPC estimating practices, methods/processes, and procedures in addition to the various estimate components, types, and classifications.
- Basic knowledge of project controls concepts, practices, and procedures, specifically project schedules, work breakdown structure, and budgets.
- Knowledge of statistical correlation and regression analysis of estimate variance, with an advanced understanding of how to apply real-world applications of statistical theory.
- Knowledge of current industry, innovations, and technical developments.
- Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and commissioning work processes.
- Experience with the development and construction of large-scale renewable energy projects (+100MW).
- Experience with capital cost estimate development.
- Experience conducting productivity analysis of construction operations.
- Experience analyzing commercial terms and conditions (contractor relationships, currency exchange, taxation, inflation, insurance, escalation, etc.) and with the market pricing in areas of Wind, Solar and Energy Storage.
- Construction and/or estimating experience involving both subcontracted and direct-hire construction labor.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in directing cost estimating and cost analysis of full EPC and BOP scope for utility renewable energy projects.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in directing project cost engineering functions cost control and cost analysis. Experience and demonstrated skill in establishing criteria for Project Controls activities.
- Strong multi-tasking, as work is performed across a portfolio of projects simultaneously and has significant interaction with stakeholders, subcontractors, OEMs, and vendors as needed.
- Skilled in providing direction, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with demonstrated skill in presenting cost engineering information to management/clients.