We have an exciting new opportunity for an Environmental Enthusiast and Policy Subject Matter Expert to collaborate with operational leadership and legal teams on all environmental requirements pertaining to waste, water, and remediation!
The ideal candidate will employ their expertise to form strategies for addressing new and emerging requirements while developing and maintaining corporate policies and systems as well as advising operations on compliance issues.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Support the permitting of any new renewable energy development projects
- Support the development and maintenance of Company-wide policies and programs as part of ESG efforts.
- Drive corporate-wide awareness of changes in environmental regulations and legislation pertaining to waste, water, and remediation, primarily through the involvement with industry groups
- Develop strategies for compliance with major regulatory programs utilizing input from legal, operations, and leadership groups within the organization
- Transition strategies from development through implementation within corporate operations
- Review all water-, waste-, and remediation-related permit applications and key compliance submittals to ensure consistency with corporate policies and regulatory requirements.
- Provide input into corporate financial reporting process, as it pertains to regulatory and legislative emergent issues and potential water-, waste- and remediation-related liabilities.
- Support legal in resolving enforcement actions, threats, and actual litigation.
- Manage corporate environmental audit program, scheduling the auditor site visits, finalizing reports with operations’ input, and tracking completion of audit items.
- Must have a minimum of a four-year college degree in a science/environmental discipline
- Must have 10+ years of experience in the power generation industry.
- Must have 10 years of environmental regulatory experience with a focus on compliance and permitting and have strong regulatory experience in at least two of the three subject fields: water, waste, and remediation.