7 months ago
An international solar company that specialise in Solar PV solutions, project business; development, investment and EPC and solar products are hiring an Engineering Director for their global projects team in Melbourne.
This business’ Australian operation currently own one utility scale solar farm with planned construction for early 2019 and are in the development stages for several other solar projects across Australia
This company are seeking a professional with experience in the Australian utility scale solar sector and a background in engineering and the technical aspects of projects
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who seeks a new challenge with a forward thinking company who will able to influence wider company processes in the Australian solar PV markets
As Engineering Director, you will have the following responsibilities
· Manage the technical team members (internal and external) to execute the project developments (and potential deployment) as per commitments and forecasts, and timeline.
· Supervise and guide design and engineering activities and ensure engineering designs meet local and international standards.
· Selection of EPC contractors and contract negotiation for upcoming projects. RFP management and EPC selection, EPC contract negotiation, engineering review.
· Develop and implement an OHS process in the Company.
· Prepare forecasts and budget for project development across the various markets.
· Support the design, planning and construction of new Solar racking systems, alterations and extensions to existing products or projects.
· Support the certification and designing of solar mounting structures so that they are code compliant, safe and effective.
You will have strong experience in EPC (with focus on design and engineering), and a demonstrated ability to effectively provide sound technical advice, exercise good business judgment, and work with senior management, other colleagues, external stakeholders, customers and regulators, in an international setup.
Other requirements are:
· Bachelor or master's degree in an Engineering Discipline - Electrical is preferred
· Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in utility-scale PV or power generation
· PR visa or Australian Citizenship
· Fluency in English required; further language skills
· Strong negotiating skills with EPC/O&M agreements and other ancillary agreements
· Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual).
· Experience engaging with and evaluating equipment vendors and service providers, engineering firms and EPC contractors
· Ability to read & understand electrical, structural, mechanical & architectural drawings
· Wide knowledge of relevant regulations and standards, electrical code, building codes, international design standards and OHS
· Strong organisational and time management skills; the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Willingness to travel up to 50% or more of the time