11 months ago
Great opportunity an Energy Yield Expert to join a fast-growing team in Milan and to help support the Company’s mission by building up their internal expertise, processes and tools necessary for measuring, analysing and optimizing energy yields across their entire portfolio from start of greenfield development through to commercial operations. This role will form a key part of the Energy Yield technical centre of excellence that will support their pan-European teams.
- Be the go-to Energy Yield expert in the Company, bringing the technical expertise needed to support greenfield development, PPA structuring, procurement, financing, sale and asset management activities across multiple technologies and markets;
- Ensure that any resource measurement campaigns apply best-practice, anticipate technological change or uncertainty and, when needed, are reliable and bankable;
- Carry out own analysis or review that of others to ensure that technical analysis and project assumptions are comprehensive and consider all constraints, curtailments, risks and environmental impacts such as noise;
- Work with other Technical and Project team members throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that EY optimisation efforts are incorporated into business processes, design and valuation analysis as well as procurement and other relevant commercial tasks;
- Identify and manage external experts for support on specialist EY topics, complex sites and/or for bankable reports, ensuring that the work follows latest industry best practice and anticipates upcoming technological advancements where possible;
- Maintain and extend your professional qualifications and skillset as needed to adapt to expanding business focus and needs.
- Relevant qualifications and proven technical expertise in energy yield analysis, site optimisation and site suitability for onshore Wind projects at a minimum, with the ability and aspirations to extend your expertise to cover Solar and other technologies;
- At least 5 years of experience working within a development team or advising developers during greenfield and/or turbine selection phases;
- Excellent business judgment with the ability to balance commercial, practical, financial and other considerations in order to recommend sound courses of action to achieve optimal business outcomes;
- Enthusiasm for developing ways of working, processes and tools that will strengthen organisational awareness, anticipate and resolve EY issues and ultimately drive out the optimal site design and strategy for managing EY topics in every location;
- Clear, logical and helpful communication style, with an ability to dig into the detail through focused enquiries as well as step back and explain complex concepts to non-technical team members in a pragmatic way;
- Proven ability to work across topics, markets and teams in an organised, strategic and value-adding way.