Up to £60,000
8 months ago
This Trading Manager position is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding TPIs in the UK.
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside an energy consultancy in their search for an Energy Trading Manager. The consultancy supports mid-market to large corporate clients across the UK and Europe to reduce their energy costs and usage through effective management and procurement practices. The company prides itself in its innovative holistic approach in what is a complex market space, thus allowing clients to focus on their core business whilst their energy costs are kept low.
The Energy Risk and Trading Manager will be responsible for managing a client’s gas and electricity portfolio through trading in the UK market. You will be responsible for tendering and negotiating ‘fixed’ and ‘flexible’ electricity and gas contracts. The role will also involve providing advice on client’s energy and water use and on energy price risk-management strategy. Reporting to the Consulting/ Risk Director, the role also involves the management of a team of energy consultants to help develop their skills and knowledge, and taking overall responsibility for client issues.
- Developing and maintaining a network of clients.
- Understanding wholesale market risks.
- Understanding energy and carbon reduction.
- Maintaining that commercial controls are observed.
- Identifying risks at a manageable stage.
- Continuous liaison with team members on the team plans and developments.
- Managing precise client records.
- Write daily, weekly and monthly reports.
The company will provide one of the leading packages in return for a candidate that:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the B2B energy sector.
- Prior experience in electricity and/or gas trading.
- Risk management knowledge.
- The ability to build relationships and networks.
- Strong communication and negotiating skillset.
- Good organisation skills.
- Strong management and team leadership skills.
- Confidence working independently and in a team.
- The ability to be flexible and show initiative when working under pressure.
- Comfortable managing long-term relationships at all levels, gaining respect and credibility quickly.
- Educated to degree level.