Flexible Depending on Experience
12 months ago
Working within the Trading department, you will play a vital role in developing and implementing hedging strategies. This role will report into and work with the Trading and Origination Manager to execute standard UK Power and Gas market trades and negotiate more complex deals to manage and mitigate risks to the business.
- Implementing Power and Gas hedging strategies through negotiation of forward commodity trades with the wholesale trading partner.
- Optimising timing of wholesale energy trades.
- Delivering value through the optimisation of Day Ahead and Intra Day Power Trading activities.
- Delivering short term balancing costs.
- Day to day ownership and development of key relationships with Trading partners.
- In partnership with the Analytics Team; building and maintaining models.
- Monitoring market developments to enable clear and concise explanation of wholesale market movements.
- Assessment of potential future wholesale price movements that will influence hedge strategy development.
- Degree level (2:1 or better in numerical or science based subject preferred)
- Energy industry experience preferred (ideally within a Trading Function)
- Understanding of UK Wholesale Power and Gas Markets and associated Trading products
- A strong mathematical background with experience of developing analytical models
- Programming experience, ideally Python (beneficial)
- Database querying using SQL (essential)
- ong Excel skills (essential)