Up to €120,000
4 months ago
This Energy Trader position is a great opportunity to join an emerging player within the energy space within Germany and Europe.
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a leading energy consultancy in their search for an Energy Trader. The consultancy supports I&C clients to reduce their energy costs through effective procurement practices. The company works on a global scale.
The principle responsibility of this role is to carry out much of the trading around client positions on a day-to-day basis, including a unique index linked position. The clients are demanding and expect a very high quality of reporting. The role is also far wider than ‘just’ trading; demanding any successful candidate to be an integral part of maintaining and growing supplier relationships.
- Managing I&C clients with large energy spends and multi-site portfolios.
- Developing and maintaining a network of clients.
- Understanding wholesale market risks.
- Maintaining that commercial controls are observed.
- Identifying risks at a manageable stage.
- Continuous liaison with team members on the team plans and developments.
- Managing precise client records.
- Mentoring and managing a team of energy consultants.
The company will provide one of the leading packages in return for a candidate that:
- Experience in the B2B energy sector (German market essential, wider European market desirable)
- Prior experience in electricity and gas procurement.
- Trading/ Risk Management knowledge.
- The ability to build relationships and networks.
- Strong communication and negotiating skillset.
- Good organisation skills.
- Strong management and team leadership skills.
- Confidence working independently and in a team.
- The ability to be flexible and show initiative when working under pressure.