5 months ago
Join a frontrunner in renewable energy that is actively seeking early entry into new markets globally, currently looking for an Energy Pricing Lead in Oslo, Norway.
As our Energy Pricing Lead you will be responsible for setting the strategy and owning the process related to energy price forecasts, as well as be a central resource towards our global Business Development teams and market experts. You will further be taking lead on portfolio modelling and help analyse and co-ordinate hedging strategies and optimization of the power sales portfolios for high quality investment decisions towards operationalising the offtake strategies. The position has a partially commercial and customer interactive profile.
- Take ownership of long- and medium-term power price projections and modelling, including aligning external price forecasts. Own and operate the related global process.
- Harmonize stress tests and scenario analysis globally. Ensure that market risk exposures are fully understood, managed, and communicated internally. Methodology responsibility.
- Be the lead analyst for assessing energy sales/hedging strategies for projects and portfolios with merchant exposure. Operating and/or developing related models.
- Responsibility for ensuring risk and return considerations are properly considered for non-contracted energy sales, as well as be an interface towards Project Finance for consistent modelling of specific project returns and risks across the globe.
- Assist and support globally in structuring of long term PPAs and other energy sales strategies ensuring that portfolio effects and offtake/balancing risks are understood.
- Keep track of regulatory changes about markets with operating assets and of strategic interest.
- Create material for project investment recommendations related to the above.
- Help prepare the organization for active market hedging and balancing operations via risk/return analysis and related models, and gradually taking on other or additional roles and responsibilities in this regard.
- University level education in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Mathematical engineering/applied mathematics, master level degree an advantage.
- 5+ years of experience of relevant experience in energy price calculations.
- Deep understanding of energy markets, price formation, and system/regulatory design.
- Excellent financial/risk modelling skills.
- Fluency in both written and spoken in English is required.