Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 1 month ago
Our client is a multidisciplinary engineering consultancy who work on a variety of aspects of the built environment.
They currently seek an enthusiastic Energy Modeller to join the Buildings London Energy team.
The London Buildings team work a wide range of projects in sectors ranging from industry, healthcare, residential, commercial and financial services. Their Energy team is currently small in size, meaning there will be real opportunity to have an impact on the scope and direction of the team.
- Undertake energy modelling for a variety of purposes with a variety of software (IES-VE, TAS, Grasshopper & Excel etc.)
- Review energy/compliance models and undertake lodgement of EPCs if applicable
- Providing Energy consultancy services to a variety of clients (Energy strategies, ESCo procurement, net zero carbon advice)
- Liaising and advising clients on energy/environmental legislations
- Keeping up to date and applying legislation and environmental standards
- Working with team members on projects to support the growth of the team and implementation of projects
- Achieved a degree in Mechanical, Building Services, Energy Engineering, Architectural Engineering or equivalent
- Working towards achieving Chartership with an appropriate professional body
- Proven experience in IES VE and IES ApacheHVAC
- Proven experience in undertaking a range of energy modelling activities or a range of project types such as energy performance modelling, compliance and thermal comfort analysis
- Ideally have recognised energy modelling certification. i.e. Level 5 Accredited EPC Assessor (LCEA)
- Good understanding of building HVAC systems and controls
- Able to work autonomously, stay focused and with attention to detail
- Effective communications ability, both verbally and written
- Ability to provide clear, technical sound reports and be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in additional modelling software i.e. EnergyPlus / EDSL TAS / DesignBuilder / Hevacomp
- Experience in Matlab Simulink/TRNSYS/Modelica or equivalent
- Experience in parametric energy and thermal modelling using Grasshopper, Ladybug and Honeybee
- Experience in conducting Energy Audits / Investment Grade Audits
- Experience in applying mathematical and energy simulation computer models in predicting and calibrating actual energy performance in buildings.
- Developed and implemented Energy Conservation methods (ECM’s) and provided cost/ROI analysis calculations
- Experience in Data Analysis using Excel