5 months ago
Join a global company that has taken strides in recent years as prominent innovators within the energy infrastructure and renewables industries. My client is looking for experienced electrical engineers to join their Transmission and Distribution team that delivers HV design for electrical power projects at transmission and distribution levels. The focus of this role is supporting primary plant design for large-scale infrastructure, grid connections, and private networks at voltage levels normally upwards of 330kV. Typical projects include feasibility, optioneering, FEED, detailed design, and design assurance on existing or brand-new substations and other infrastructure.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Leading the design engineering on transmission substation and cable/line design projects.
- Providing high level technical support and mentoring more junior engineers within the team.
- Preparation of transmission system concept designs.
- Specification of substation plant
- Preparation of engineering scopes, specifications, calculations, and reports
- Mark up and QA of design drawings and reports produced by the team.
- Communicating with clients, contractors, and key clients, providing business development support
- All stages of the project life cycle, from preparing bids to feasibility studies, consenting, detailed design and data analysis, and stakeholder management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated professional judgement and commercial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating, and solving problems to brief and budget.
- Understanding of the Australian Standards relating to HV substation design, including Civil and Structural requirements
- Experience working with Power Utilities
- Experience in primary and secondary substation design – 11kV to 330kV+
- Knowledge of substation construction & commissioning methodologies.
- Experience in substation earthing systems design, substation lightning protection, transformers, busbars, switchgear, etc.
If this sounds like the role for you, please do not wait to apply.