$95K-$120K base + 20-25% bonus + truck + company card, computer or phone + per diem
24 days ago
**THIS ROLE IS SITE & SELF-PERFORM BASED, UP TO 100% TRAVEL ACROSS MULTIPLE STATES**
COMPANY OVERVIEW-MOSS CONSTRUCTION HQ IN SOUTH FLORIDA
THE #3 SOLAR EPC IN THE UNITED STATES
Our client is a national privately held construction firm providing innovative solutions resulting in award-winning projects. With regional offices across the United States, they focus on construction management at-risk, design-build and public-private partnerships. The company’s diverse portfolio encompasses a wide range of sectors, including luxury high-rise residential, landmark mixed-use developments, hospitality, primary and higher education, justice, and solar energy. Moss prides itself on a strong entrepreneurial culture that honors safety, quality, client engagement and employee development. Its employees consistently rank the company as one of the best places to work.
POSITION SCOPE AND ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT
This is a family-owned construction company with revenues exceeding $1.5B per year and growing. Our solar division provides turnkey, self-perform EPC services to premiere utilities and developers in the US. With offices in Florida, Texas, and Hawaii we are able to provide those services coast to coast. They need you to continue to build on its reputation as a leader and innovation driver in the utility scale solar industry.
The Solar Electrical Superintendent will be responsible for providing coordination, planning, and supervision to forepersons, contractors, and craft activities on a utility scale solar site. Develop and enhance customer relationships by providing superior service. This position must be willing to travel.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and supervise and/or craft activities - includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule, manpower estimates, labor budgets, and documenting actual hours worked.
- Coordinate electrical work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors onsite.
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.).
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc,. support craft activities and project schedule.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Delegate responsibility and assure its proper completion.
- Must prioritize safety before all else and lead by example; must have a minimum of OSHA30.
- Electrical field installation experience within a solar plant or heavy industrial environment.
- Self-Perform Solar Construction Experience is highly preferred.
- 3 years' supervisory experience in power plant or with heavy industrial construction.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise 50 or more employees.
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, reading, interpreting and working with Electrical design drawings (isometric and orthographic), design guides, specifications.
- Contract documents and site coordination of subcontractors.
- 4-5 years previous experience as a General Foreman or 3 Years as a Superintendent in a single discipline on an industrial construction project. Previous background of man hour reports, job cost reports, and workforce planning is required.
- Must be willing to learn new techniques/skillset.
95-120K base + 20-25% bonus + truck + company card, computer or phone + per diem