Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 1 year ago
- Perform all engineering and design works of electrical power, Transmission, and Distribution on a team
- Perform engineering designs for the analysis, specification and application of protective relaying, control systems and equipment monitoring for transmission, distribution, and generation substations.
- Work with protective relay calculations, fault studies and coordination for up to 500kV substations and transmission lines.
- Design protective relay settings for protection and monitoring of transmission lines, distribution feeders, transformer banks, capacitor banks and station buses.
- Drafting engineering projects during the planning phase for accurate Protection and control work and resources.
- Establish new and modify existing protection and control systems for lines and substations up to 500kV, providing CAD engineering drawings including, single line diagrams, relay functional, AC/DC wiring diagrams, equipment wiring, communication diagrams, BOM and relay panel layout.
- Confirm that work is executed in accordance with sound engineering principles, the Project Execution Plan, Project Engineering Plan, the contract, and established procedures and practices.
- Maintain designs and deliverables of other designers, reviewing their engineering designs for accuracy, quality and compliance
- Advise the Discipline manager, the need to engage outside engineering consultants/specialists and remain responsible for the project related work of these consultants.
- Communicate with the Discipline manager on project staffing requirements.
- Outline project man-hour estimates for required activities and controls work to meet these estimates; plan and schedule project work of the discipline to meet project schedules, monitor progress and man-hours used, and report regularly to the Discipline manager on project status.
- Send out written change requests for job-hour budgets, schedules and construction commodity quantities, when required.
- Assist with technical details during the project construction phase and project close-out.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering specification and design of Protection, Control and Metering systems, including technical specifications, I/O lists, panel electrical drawings, interlocks, electrical protection design and protection SLD, control architecture, communication network, relay logics, etc.
- Experience in Transmission and distribution, power generation, consulting engineering fields and renewables/sustainable industries.
- Extensive knowledge in Power Station SCADA, RTU’s and Substation LAN & Automation is considered a plus
- Experience in a consulting environment will be considered a plus