about 2 months ago
Location: London, Hybrid
Salary: £55,000 - £63,000 negotiable for the right candidate
The Electrical Engineer reports to the Electrical Engineering Manager and provides support to project teams in relation to electrical engineering. The role shall drive the business towards best practice in design, quality, and long-term operations engineering. This will include specifying design and technical requirements, supporting due diligence for acquisitions and contributing to the management of electrical safety for the business’s global portfolio. The Electrical Engineer’s activities are focussed on both corporate business assurance and project support in development and construction, asset management, business growth & electrical engineering.
Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, implement, and maintain guidance and standards for electrical design and studies, grid connection and HV operations, gaining support and agreement from relevant stakeholders and working collaboratively to ensure adoption across the business.
- Lead on electrical and grid elements of acquisition due diligence, managing consultants, challenging assumptions, reviewing reports, and driving identified issues through to resolution in a timely manner with clear recommendations.
- Play a lead role in assuring adoption of the companies HV safety protocols, procedures, and performance, in collaboration with the HSE, Asset Management and Construction teams.
- Gain an understanding of the grid code and connection process in companies’ key markets, and proactively support local teams in securing viable grid connections and meeting grid code requirements.
- Support project pre-construction activities in defining requirements and technical specifications, reviewing technical annexes, and participating in negotiations (EPC and TSA Agreements).
- Review project designs, suitability for site specifics and make recommendations for optimisation, for safe and reliable expected operational life. Support project construction teams on design risk management.
- Specify and/ or carry out site audits and inspections, relevant technology reviews, factory visits and component inspections, supporting the local team on follow-up and resolution of identified issues.
- Carry out site audits, inspections, and safety walks to encourage a culture of continuous operational improvement at the company.
- Specify due diligence on electrical design, quality, grid compliance and grid connection for potential acquisition projects, including verifying relevant assumptions for the financial model.
- Skills Knowledge and Expertise
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree qualification in electrical or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable experience (3 years+) and expertise in electrical engineering gained from working on power systems or renewable projects.
- Good knowledge and understanding of electrical design and operations.
- Experience in agreeing EPC requirements and reviewing designs.
- Good knowledge and experience of grid codes, connection processes and compliance requirements.
- An ability to understand the technical implications of commercial objectives, identifying the right course of action for long term asset value.
- Problem-solver with the creativity to identify solutions and the drive to implement them.
- Excellent communication skills, including building relationships with colleagues and suppliers in numerous countries and cultures.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver quality work to tight deadlines.
- Strong team ethic, thriving in an environment working with project teams in various markets.
- Strong drive for results, setting challenging goals and exceeding them.
- Risk management skills.
- Professional and diligent attitude.
- Fluent English speaker.