10 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company have been retained by a growing renewable power producer (the “Company”) ,as they expand their project construction team.
The business has an experienced leadership team and are backed by top tier institutional capital. The Company has grown an extensive development pipeline of wind, solar, and energy storage projects across North America. This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm truly at the forefront of the energy transition.
Our client have an impressive 1GW operational portfolio as well as a further 3GW at varying stages of development through the US.
Reporting to the Vice President, Project Development and Operations, the Senior Manager, Project Management and Construction will lead and oversee construction of wind, solar and battery storage power projects, as well as contribute to due diligence reviews of potential projects and development of existing projects.
- Develop construction plans, schedules and cost estimates to support project development and M&A activities
- Develop and lead RFPs to select construction contractors and equipment suppliers
- Lead construction activities for projects, including:
- Act as Owner’s Representative for construction and equipment supply contracts
- Manage schedule and cost to meet project objectives
- Develop Owner construction management plans
- Procure/select/manage onsite construction management resources (internal or external)
- Provide oversight on QA/QC, HSE compliance
- Attend regular site meetings (approximately monthly) to monitor construction progress
- Oversee construction document management and handover at start of operations
- Develop and maintain database of construction and equipment costs
- Participate in due diligence review of prospective wind, solar and/or storage development asset acquisitions
- Manage or lead interaction with a team of internal and external resources
- Cooperate with and assist project finance and M&A teams
- University degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines (e.g. engineering, environmental, MBA)
- Strong track record of successful construction leadership for Canada/US wind, solar and/or storage projects in various markets (MISO and/or PJM experience an asset)
- Strong personnel management skills with proven ability to work well in teams
- Experience in managing and interacting with remote or indirect internal and external resources, including consultants and contractors
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel requirements estimated at up to 20% – 30%