Competitive Salary (DOE)
2 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are currently partnered with a leading data centre operator who has been designing, building, and operating large scale data centres and providing colocation services for nearly two decades.
They currently seek an experienced Project Director to support the Global Head of Design and Engineering by preparing strategic plans for R&D activities and identifying and organising Technical Development training for the Team, as well as Mentorship for the Engineers.
- Your role will require to support in identifying suitable external consultants and to assist in the preparation of their contracts at the early stages of each project (Stage 0).
- You will play a leading role in the delivery of the Data Centres Initial Due Diligence Studies, Fit Tests and Preliminary Optioneering Studies, managing external engineering consultants to meet programme, design and other requirements for the successful inception of the project and to ultimately achieve cost effective and resilient infrastructures.
- You will apply a technical approach in all aspects of the work including design, engineering and construction, working with other engineering functions, Procurement and Delivery to ensure that the procurement of all items is conducted on the most cost effective basis. This procurement should, where possible, cover not just initial acquisition costs but Total Cost of Ownership costs.
- You will also actively participate into the Stage 0 Design team workload to ensure that all project documentation internal governance approvals are completed in a detailed and timely fashion.
- Your role will require to support the Development Director in monitoring projects Stage 0 and Stage 1 programme, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities, but also to advise and maintain standards for monitoring design, cost control and project information systems to ensure successful project delivery.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 15 years of multi-disciplinary engineering projects design and delivery, leading large and complex teams in either Design Consultancies or Contracting Firms
- In depth knowledge of Mission Critical Engineering Built Environment design processes, MEP strategies and technologies, CSA disciplines and their dependencies, construction works and various local authority approval process.
- Proven Hyperscale Data Centre design experience (minimum above 50MW)
- Substantial experience of working in the Built Environment engineering industry.
- Delivery of large capital expenditure projects with a high dependence on MEP.
- Extensive knowledge of ASHRAE Testing and Commissioning processes and standards of critical systems
- Health and Safety legislation in particular CDM Regulations or similar
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline
- 15 years of experience in the Data Centres industry
- Fluent in English; preferred other languages like French, German, Japanese.
- In-depth experience with Electrical, Cooling and Control Systems technical design and researching
- Experience performing commissioning, qualification & change control activities related but not limited to electrical systems, life safety and fire protection, HVAC, chiller plants, domestic and process water systems, building automation systems, etc.