24 days ago
A global organization, headquartered in France with annual revenues of over 550M€, comprised of 3,600 employees and nearly a century of success in providing innovative solutions within the energy industry.
Team of highly skilled professionals has been serving the market for over 25 years. Provides integrated energy and environmental solutions, and integrated products for critical power and energy storage. Our products are designed for a wide range of applications in the building renewal market space, data centers, power distribution, power management and critical power markets.
Wholly committed to designing and manufacturing innovative products that serve the growing market in environmental sustainability, clean tech, and energy conservation.
About This Role
This new strategic role is responsible for building our energy storage solutions (ESS) business in North America. This includes the commercialization of new and innovative energy storage products and services, as well as implementing and leading ESS sales and marketing strategies to achieve desired business growth targets. This role will lead the business, strategically identifying, leading and driving new project opportunities.
The incumbent will be the subject matter expert for ESS within North America, collaborating with key members of our ESS global teams. Leading and building a dedicated, knowledgeable, and growing team of ESS professionals within the organization will be a key aspect of this role. Applying acute knowledge of the North American ESS market to develop new sales processes will be a critical success factor.
This role reports to the CEO, with functional reporting to the Energy Storage Business Unit of the parent company
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Achieve the North American Energy Storage yearly key financial targets (operating revenue, revenue, gross margin, etc.)
- Collaborate with senior leaders to develop strategic business plans and implementation plans
- Provide a complete annual business plan, including strategies and programs to achieve sales, margin and profit goals for the ESS Division
- Establish and develop a sales pipeline and rolling sales forecast in collaboration with senior sales leaders within North America and Europe
- Provide meaningful and forward-looking information and analysis to the CEO and other stakeholders, to support timely and effective decision-making regarding business strategies
- Proactively identify opportunities and make recommendations that create measurable success for the business, including expanding into new markets, and developing opportunities for the expansion of new ESS products
- Participate in strategic sales negotiations; including negotiation of terms and conditions of contracts, in collaboration with the sales team
- Coordinate business activities in North America in collaboration with members of the organization, including manufacturing, supply chain, engineered integrated solutions, product development and field engineering services; collaborate to ensure projects are released and shipped in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the Energy Storage team based in Europe (e.g. go/no go decisions, offer validations, design and integration)
- Build awareness of the brand, the ESS products, value proposition and capabilities across identified markets
- Develop strong customer relationships, working to understand their longer term requirements and translate them into business opportunities
- Provide leadership in the customization of ESS sales presentations, promotional materials and other marketing information for customers and prospects
- Anticipate and manage risks
- Actively engage with local and global stakeholders to promote and educate on energy storage solutions
- Manage and coordinate Life Cycle support solutions (O&M offering) for the storage business when required
- Lead, develop, focus and engage direct reports to consistently meet goals and perform at the level of business excellence; hold direct reports accountable for business results
- Participate in key industry association or trade events to promote the brand, understand strategic direction, market drivers and business development opportunities
- Maintain a thorough understanding of products, services, capabilities, and target markets
- Maintain a culture that embraces the core values of the company, fostering a positive, innovative working environment
Essential Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- 10+ years in a general management role, including P&L experience and sales and marketing leadership experience in the energy storage industry
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Broad and deep understanding of the current and future energy storage market
- Strong understanding of customers’ business, energy storage and hybrid value propositions
- Successfully cultivated and managed strong relationships with key market stakeholders
- Expert understanding of sales financials and value selling in the energy storage business.
- Strong understanding of ESS main products (bi-directional inverters, various battery chemistries, integration and energy management system)
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic selling and influencing; excellent contract negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal skills and networking/collaboration abilities
- Proven track record in relationship management; successfully establishes and maintains long-term relationships with customers and colleagues
- Strong sales presentation skills, with ability to clearly communicate the benefits and value of product offerings
- Entrepreneurial mindset; successful past experience in entering new markets and developing new customer bases; a passion for results and a winning outlook
- Strong experience leading and motivating a team of professionals within a complex and lengthy sales cycle environment; encourages and demonstrates accountability
- Resourceful, energetic; self-directed yet able to collaborate effectively
- Focused on the achievement of strategic goals; consistently meets or exceeds targets
- Manages risks; anticipates and communicates in advance any potential issues and their impact
- Is client-centric, proactively anticipates and actions business needs
- Excellent computer literacy. High proficiency with MS Office, Google and CRM tools (Salesforce); high degree of comfort in using business/financial information, reporting, and analytic tools
- Must possess and maintain an unrestricted valid driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Availability to travel regularly to meet with direct reports and other staff, attend customer meetings, sales calls, training, presentations, conferences, etc
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Ability to travel to international destinations (e.g. Canada and Europe); must possess and maintain a valid passport for international travel
Competitive compensation and an excellent group health benefits plan.
Continue to advance your career in an environment that promotes customer-centric innovation, the pursuit of excellence and embraces diversity and respect, all while making a valuable contribution towards clean tech, energy conservation, and environmental sustainability.