Competitive Salary (DOE)
22 days ago
Join a leading European Energy provider, where you will be the Development Director for renewable energy within the French market.
- Participate in the development of the winning market entry strategy to set the base of a significant long-term pipeline of wind and solar projects in France.
- Implement strategy operationally: leading market entry via implementation of relevant actions, including but not limited to potential Development, M&A and Partnerships with relevant parties
- Cover the full development cycle from origination to RTB or FC stage
- Manage external contract developers
- Monitor and interpret technical and relevant regulatory developments and standards and be able to deliver technical and non-technical reports to stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with land owners, permitting authorities, grid operators, regulators, offtakers and other relevant stakeholders
- Liaise closely with existing business teams (asset teams, trading / PPAs, finance, others) and enabling functions
- Build strong relationships with the development team, consisting of developers, engineers, project-, contract- and offtake managers as well as a network of external development partners
- Part of a high-performance team and contribution to the establishment of an entrepreneurial, rewarding and fun work environment
- As required and by arrangement, takeover of all other arising activities of the reports to the Vice-President Business Development Renewables Southern Europe and France
- Successful work experience (3-5 years) in solar and/wind development in France
- Degree (Master or Diploma) in engineering, business administration, economics, law or comparable studies
- Proven track record of utility-scale solar and/or onshore wind project development
- Profound and detailed understanding of relevant market dynamics
- Very good communication skills and high level assertiveness and communication skills in an international environment and the ability to build effective relationship at all levels
- Appreciation for cultural differences
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in French and English, other languages, in particular German, Italian or Spanish a plus