Up to €150,000 + bonus
2 days ago
A certified B Corporation, this client makes it possible for businesses and their customers to take urgent action on climate change, helping organisations around the world achieve renewable energy and decarbonization goals through work with global Fortune 500 companies, utilities, and other businesses that want to join the fight against climate change.
The team has deep expertise in sustainability consulting, environmental markets, renewable energy and carbon project development, transportation decarbonisation solutions, and utility renewable energy programs. Since 2002, they have worked with over 400 clients in 60 countries and have been widely recognised for industry leadership and award-winning programs for clients.
The Energy & Climate Practice, within the consulting team, helps organisations reduce their greenhouse gas emissions worldwide through renewable energy, carbon avoidance and removal projects, and decarbonised transportation solutions. Their clients include some of the largest and most respected companies on the planet, as well as educational institutions and other non-profits.
This role will help lead the Energy & Climate Practice’s carbon business line, which resides within the Global Climate Strategy part of the practice. With a focus on corporate climate change and renewable energy strategy, you will lead the day-to-day execution of client engagements, client satisfaction and growth, and guide and develop team members. You will work directly with our most important clients and take ownership of engagements to exceed clients’ expectations and enhance the client’s reputation in the market.
Directors also partner with other teams to develop new clients, grow new markets and innovate in new services. The expectation is the Directors partners in sales, marketing, policy, carbon and environmental markets teams.
This position has three core functions:
1) Serve as Director on accounts and projects throughout the practice. With a primary focus on corporate climate change and/or renewable energy for clients around the world.
- Manage strategy or analytical teams to deliver all aspects of project delivery for multiple projects; including scope, schedule, budget, and client engagement
- Mentor Managers to translate client needs into a scope, price, set of deliverables
- Manage delivery of client work products while managing team members assigned to the project
- Analyse project delivery risks, mitigate risks and identify opportunities for additional client support
- Be accountable for client satisfaction, budget, operational excellence, project profitability, team performance and engagement and new business development within your areas of influence
2) Work with Sales/Business Development to secure new clients and new scopes of work.
- Act as a consulting subject matter expert across all areas of expertise, partnering to develop scopes of work alongside BD and clients, pricing engagements and providing review of proposals
- Demonstrate executive presence, confidence and consultative selling skills in partnership with Business Development in order to effectively develop new business
- Foster new business opportunities within existing clients – identifying areas of need and working with Sales/BD and the client to establish extensions, expansions and new opportunities to serve
3) Play an active role in the operational excellence and growth of the company.
- This client is large enough to make a huge difference in the world, and small enough that YOU can make a huge difference internally.
- At least 5-10 years experience in a management consulting role within a well-respected firm; preferably in carbon strategy, thermal solutions, energy, utilities, renewable energy, transportation or other relevant domain
- Deep domain expertise in corporate climate change and/or renewable energy strategy
- Extensive experience (at least 8 years) in management; including but not limited to complex project execution, program strategies, including tasks such as obtaining budget and decision-maker approvals, reviewing and negotiating complex contracts, solving difficult problems with few resources, educating stakeholders
- A passion for serving client needs; joy in other peoples’ success; empathy and superior listening and people management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including experience making presentations to external clients, client stakeholders, prospects, internal stakeholders, and the public
- Exceptional and proven analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills