£40,000 basic + Package
over 2 years ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest and leading international energy suppliers in their search for a Direct Sales Manager. The firm has offices on multiple continents with an excellent reputation.
The Enterprise Energy sales team objective is to significantly grow their direct sales capability, with ambitious targets to increase the number of customers acquired directly from 5% to 50% of the Enterprise portfolio over the next five years.
The primary responsibility of this role is to work with the Enterprise Energy Sales Director to grow the direct sales channel, initially managing and developing an internal telesales team and to work with external parties to deliver the required sales targets.
The role will involve working closely with the marketing team to develop the appropriate sales channels and customer products to deliver the required targets.
- Delivery of budgeted Sales numbers on Margin, Volume and site numbers.
- Development of the appropriate sales strategy to achieve the Enterprise direct sales ambition.
- Management and development of the internal telesales team, to achieve the required sales targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Management of third party providers appointed to develop direct sales capability.
- Provide input on wider strategic sales matters in relation to the Enterprise Energy Direct Sales Strategy, working closely with the Enterprise Energy Marketing Team to develop appropriate sales channels and products.
- Adherence to Delegated Limits of Authority and other internal process and risk frameworks.
- Focus on achieving a high level of customer satisfaction, monitoring and reporting on quality, ensuring a high level of compliance at all times.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting to Enterprise Energy Sales Director and Sales Management Group board covering all aspects of Direct Sales team performance.
- Ownership of the Direct Sales Process and Procedures to ensure that they remain effective and efficient at all times.
- Effective communication across other departments.
Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators
- Contracted Direct Gross Sales Margin and Volume
- Contracted Sales Margin
- Contracted Number of Customers and Sites
- Gas and electricity new business and renewal hit rates
- Successful development of diverse sales channels and segments
- Contract Management
- Ensure Company people management processes are well applied
- Planning and development of direct reports
- Within the responsibility of the role, to influence and manage change where appropriate
Dimensions of Job
- Overall responsibility for up to 10 individuals within the team.
- Authority to transact customer contracts in accordance with Sales Level of Authority.
- Achievement of the budgeted Enterprise Energy Direct Sales Margin, significantly contributing to growing direct sales to contribute 50% of Enterprise Sales Margin by 2023.
- Internal: All Home and Enterprise Departments, in particular; Enterprise Sales Director, Sales Management Group, Enterprise MD, Enterprise Marketing Team
- External: Customers, Third Party providers, Sister companies and subsidiaries
- Knowledge of the UK Energy Market is preferred.
- Knowledge of sales techniques and optimisation.
- Planning and development against objectives.
- Staff management and motivational skills.
- Presentation and report-writing skills.
- Analytical skills using Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to resolve complex issues.