- Posted 10 November 2021
- Salary up to £70,000
- Discipline Renewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameNathan Quinn
- Assessing suitable sites for solar PV development through various mapping tools, site feasibility studies, energy yield analysis, project budget and cashflow analysis.
- Engagement with Distributed Network Operators (DNOs) and other industry bodies such as local planning authorities to identify opportunities for solar and storage development.
- Supporting other team members on identification of projects and assessment of opportunities.
- Engagement with landowners and land agents regarding securing land for solar and storage .
- Negotiation of agreements including landowner agreements, consultancy contracts, and input to commercial decisions, ensuring optimum value is achieved in all such negotiations.
- Management of specialist consultants throughout the planning application process.
- Management of projects through the grid connection process with the relevant network operator.
- Engagement with external stakeholders (e.g. local authorities, system operators, statutory consultees, planning & grid consultants) while representing company in a professional manner.
- Community consultation on project proposals with stakeholders local to the project area.
- Project cash flow management and preparation of budget proposals
- Manage and report on all project risks, ensuring management are kept fully abreast of any significant developments
- Continue to evolve and build existing knowledge and understanding of the renewable energy industry keeping a watching brief on energy policy development and media, and networking through attendance at industry conferences where relevant or required.
- Drive and motivate the project development team and progress their professional development through staff mentorship, knowledge sharing and identification of training opportunities.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other staff, an ethos and culture of inclusiveness and openness
- Other duties as required and directed by the relevant Manager or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Candidates will ideally come from a technical/engineering, development or consultancy background and have 3-4 years project management experience in the power or renewable energy sector.
- The successful candidate will be required to travel throughout UK and Ireland and a full clean drivers licence is necessary. Successful candidate must have the right to work in UK/Ireland or a valid working visa.