6 months ago
An exciting opportunity for an individual to develop Onshore Wind Energy Projects across France. The candidate will expected to develop projects from initial concept before handing over to the Project Delivery team. This role will also include project management responsibilities including due diligence and completion processes for M&A projects.
- Project managing all development stages for their development portfolio (from site identification & land securing to environmental studies to permitting to dealing with recourses and reaching financial close)
- Building the portfolio by identifying new sites including greenfield opportunities and competitive processes including actively participating in M&A processes
- Ensuring a consistent focus on developing best in class sites
- Following and continuously improving processes for the whole development lifecycle
- Managing and delivering development programmes for their portfolio to ensure that budgets are met, timeframes are kept to and quality is optimised
- Managing the procurement and contract management processes including contract negotiations e.g. for promises to lease and technical/environmental contracts
- Producing regular development portfolio reports
- Maintaining and proactively manage portfolio risk registers
- Working with the internal and external engineering and technical teams to ensure the optimal solution (in terms of LCOE) is incorporated into all projects e.g. site layouts, technology choice, design requirements etc
- Helping keep up to date financial models and reviewing all assumptions to ensure the project economics are robust
- Developing, managing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Actively monitoring the market for new opportunities e.g. in other technologies or regions in France.
- Experience of developing renewable energy projects in France from site identification to permitting to achieving financial close
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and external counterparties across all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong commercial acumen/track record
- Solid planning and organising skills to include effective prioritisation, resource management and working remotely
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a positive attitude and a drive for high standards