Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 2 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are partnered with a well-renowned engineering consultancy in the data centre sector. Following successful expansion across Europe in the exciting world of hyperscale data centres, they are now working with some of the largest blue chip technical clients.
Their Project Management team currently seek an experienced Design Manager to ensure the design of all projects executed are successfully achieved. This role will focus on flawless delivery and coordination of innovative and novel design solutions.
- Provide leadership to the Design and Document Management functions on the project, in accordance with established PM Group procedures and protocols
- To complete and publish a Design Management Plan (part of the Project Execution Plan) and establish project specific procedures and implement them, in accordance with PM Group established procedural protocols
- Provide interface with client, as appropriate where defined in the project structure.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to safety and to ensure the "Design" team is active in this regard.
- Work with the discipline leads to establish an agreed scope of services for all Design disciplines and/or Design Sub-contractors/Suppliers.
- Ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop (as required) a comprehensive scope of service for the next stage of project.
- Manage all design reviews and co-ordination meetings; ensuring a fully coordinated Design strategy is in place and work closely with discipline lead designers to deliver
- Ensure that fully coordinated design is produced that integrates with the agreed Project Execution Plan and that the design is regularly monitored for progress and updated as required
- You must have a proven level of experience in delivering complex and multi-disciplined projects
- You must have excellent commercial awareness and business acumen with the ability to manage projects to budget including man- hours and commercial targets
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to produce quality work and achieve project deadlines within budget
- You must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business services
- Ability to lead, coordinate and supervise both internal and external teams
- Have thorough knowledge of UK building regulations and construction technology
- Possess exceptional technical and construction detailing ability
- A working knowledge of Revit would be beneficial but is not essential
** The ideal candidate will have prior experience on Data Centre / Mission-Critical Design Project Management**