£35,000 - £40,000 plus bonus
over 1 year ago
A stand-out opportunity for an aspiring renewable energy engineer with specific Solar PV design experience.
The Green Recruitment Company is representing a highly regarded renewable energy company operating both locally and nationally. To support increased project workload, the company is expanding their engineering function. We require a high quality design engineer to work primarily on solar PV project delivery.
This role offers both security and the opportunity for development. The training platform provided by the company allows the right candidate to progress into a technical expert within the renewable energy design field.
The role will be working alongside the Technical Director and be tasked with providing engineering support on rooftop and ground mounted solar energy installations.
To act as PV designer of solar PV schemes including:
Ownership of all generic technical documents relating to mechanical and electrical design.
Work within the technical team and with suppliers and sub-contractors in the development and delivery of technical solutions. This is to include electrical calculations, surveying, shading analysis and PV Syst modelling.
- Provide conceptual designs, yield forecasts and financial forecasts.
- Support design and technical colleagues with site surveys and feasibility assessments
- To manage the development of cost effective design and engineering solutions and deliver complete design packages for project proposals (including tenders)
- Production of technical specifications and drawings using AutoCAD
- Management of technical relationships with sub-contractors, funders and Distribution Network Operators
- To be ensure full compliance with quality and H&S systems
- Operate within the company’s Construction Design Management procedures
- Support the specification of components for the procurement process
- Support the commissioning of completed systems and the related G59 testing process
- Where required liaise with the client on technical matters including system handover, Roofit registration, FIT application and export meters
- Provide quality advice and installation support where required during construction phase
- Assist in the survey of potential future projects
- Represent the company at external events where required
- Must be degree qualified in an Engineering Discipline or the equivalent working experience with an electrical bias. Someone working towards Chartered status or MIET would be preferred.
- Must have experience electrical wiring design and yield calculation.
- Ideally have an experience of renewable generation and rooftop solar.
- My client will consider candidates from various backgrounds including M&E contractors, Consultancies, Building Services, HVAC, Refrigeration, Heat Control, Biomass and Cleantech.