about 2 years ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with an innovative company focused on developing, funding and operating within the battery storage space in the UK. They are looking for an experienced design engineer to become an integral part of their team.
The company is developing a national network of grid-scale batteries and rapid electric vehicle (EV) charging stations, to support a cost-effective, reliable, low-carbon energy system and assist the rapid adoption of clean transport and cleaner electricity generation. With projects commencing eminently they are looking to grow their team to support with design engineering.
You will be reporting to the engineering Director preparing information and respond to technical information requests from Head of Planning and draftsman about the battery and electrical vehicles sites design such as:
- Battery and major equipment layout
- Cables routes, trenching and ducting
- Access road dimensions requirements
- Create and update customer electrical system configuration for battery sites
- Create and update electrical configuration and systems for EV charging stations
- Prepare electrical drawings and design packages including sizing of cable, switchgear and transformers along with detailed specifications for quotation enquiries
- Review electrical design proposal and costs prepare the third party (e.g. EPC contractors)
- First point of contact for electrical equipment supply (e.g. switchgear, transformers) to obtain their specifications and cost
- Develop costing model for cable routes and Pivot Power electrical systems
- Help the Business Development Team cost options and best configurations for power off-take agreements