Competitive Basic + Bonus + Commission
7 months ago
A global leader and multi award winning company in the DER space. This company focuses on using software and data to help drive the world’s energy systems to a more sustainable future. The company enables DER management systems, grid supporting microgrids, smart communities and transactive energy platforms.
Our client is looking for an experienced business development professional who comprehensively understands utility companies. This position requires an innovative individual with entrepreneurial drive and vision.
Our client needs a driven, results-oriented, self-starter that understands utility challenges and opportunities at an operational level and able to convey the strategic value of deploying new distributed resource management solutions. You are able to identify and cultivate partnerships to help implement innovative grid modernization strategies.
This position requires passion about the smart grid, microgrids and cleantech and want to enable the grid of the future by participating in driving the growth of distributed renewable generation, electric vehicle charging, energy storage, smart sensors, and big data analytics.
What will our new Director of Business Development work on?
- Develop new utility business model strategies that leverage anticipated regulatory changes and/or incentive strategies.
- Work with existing and new clients and partners to understand current operational energy management requirements and future plans.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships to drive software solution sales.
- Secure appointments with decision makers and influencers at all levels to discuss technology solutions to address distributed energy resource management and new utility business models.
- Leverage industry expertise to influence client solution strategies.
- Develop and execute company growth strategies that deliver value for geographic territory clients.
- Identify and meet with leading technology providers and integrators to assess and develop partnership opportunities.
- Understand the changing regulatory dynamics of the energy market and governing. legislation for distributed energy solutions and transactive energy opportunities.
- Execute a disciplined sales process that delivers value to clients aligned with sales and milestone targets.
- Participate in account planning and forecasting activities.
- Prepare and present proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Maintain ongoing customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and future opportunities.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical (Power Systems) Engineering or equivalent.
- 10 + years of successful experience in energy infrastructure sales and/or project execution.
- A track record of consultative sales wins, 5+ years of client management experience and revenue generation.
- Understanding of energy policy and utility regulatory environment.
- Working knowledge of the emerging renewable energy market, incentives and market penetration.
- Experience with electric distribution utility engagement at all levels and planning and decision making processes.
- Experience with grid modernization projects and a broad knowledge of Smart Grid, distributed energy resources and energy storage technologies.
- Familiar with distributed computing and communications.
- Strong understanding of financial and contract management.
- Demonstrated capabilities and evidence of “entrepreneurial” thinking and ability to thrive in a fast-growing company where there are more opportunities than time.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, analytical, communication, mentorship, customer service and presentation skills.