Competitive Day Rate (DOE)
11 months ago
Our client is a world leading utility with a commitment to net zero. They require an interim credit analyst to join their trading & origination team in London on an initial three month basis with the possibility for a longer term extension.
The primary purpose of this role is to assist the Senior Credit Analyst in carrying out credit assessments, monitoring and controlling exposure limits, as well as in managing collaterals (including credit support received and provided), both for the energy trading (wholesale) and energy retail (B2B supply) activities of our client in the UK. In addition, this role will involve supporting the rest of the Risk Department in carrying out other routine and ad-hoc activities as required.
- Filing and maintenance of counterparties’ contractual information.
- Calculating daily margin exposures (running existing reports) and communicating results as required.
- Analysis of counterparties’ financial statements and credit checks carried out by independent third parties (eg. rating agencies) as required, to support internal credit assessments of potential and existing customers, and presentation of the results to the Senior credit analyst.
- Managing and maintaining credit reports (including spreadsheet with credit limits for each counterparty).
- Working with the senior credit analyst to maintain and communicate trading arrangements to brokers and traders.
- Assisting other members of the Risk team with ad hoc tasks as required.
- In addition, the Credit Analyst could also be requested, on ad hoc basis, to participate Know-Your-Counterparty and Anti-Money-Laundering (KYC/AML) related due diligences for low and medium risk counterparties, under the supervision of the Senior KYC/AML Officer.
- Degree level (or equivalent) in an analytically focussed discipline.
- Exposure to Trading/Finance/Risk Management for at least two years.
- Moderate experience of credit assessment and management in a relevant working environment.
- Knowledge in corporate risk analysis, including balance sheet, P&L and cash flow trends.
- First experience in a trading environment, ideally within an energy trading company, energy supply company or oil major is desirable.
- Experience of working in a credit team is a plus.