2 months ago
Excellent opportunity for a Corporate PPA Manager to join a fast-growing pan-European renewable IPP.
- Originate, negotiate, execute, and manage Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) for Wind, Solar and Battery Storage projects with non-utility customers (C&I corporations, power marketers etc) across the company's active European markets.
- Segment potential C&I customer groups and propose appropriate commercial structures & marketing plans, then develop business relationships with relevant energy consumers.
- Evaluate requests for proposals, lead bid preparation, prepare competitive analysis and manage participation in procurement processes.
- Coordinate with colleagues (development, technical, legal etc) to ensure a clear understanding of the portfolio and appropriate management of all relevant topics.
- Provide an energy-marketing perspective of the ideal markets/regions to target for the future development of projects, considering market price outlooks, revenue structures, corporate ESG drivers and market congestion.
- Communicate and provide regular updates on energy marketing developments to colleagues across all functions to support understanding and a tailored business focus.
- Develop clear and effective processes and ways of working across all activities within the PPA origination function.
- Participate in relevant industry conferences and other events to foster the knowledge of the business as an industry leader.
- At least 8 years’ professional experience in the renewable energy sector and a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Corporate PPA roles.
- Experience in negotiating and contracting complex Corporate PPA agreements with different pricing structures.
- Comprehensive understanding of PPA markets, structures, and processes (both off-site and on-site PPAs).
- Well-established relationships with customers and PPA advisors in the EU renewable energy sector.
- Comfortable attending PPA events both at the regional, national and local levels.
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, including a willingness to take on broad and varied challenges and responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work in a high pressure, customer-centric environment whilst delivering high quality work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (other EU languages a plus).