about 1 month ago
A long-established renewable energy developer in Melbourne are seeking a Contract Manager to join their growing team. This company have an impressive portfolio of renewable energy projects on their books across Australia. In a pivotal role for the business, the successful candidate will provide key strategic advice to the business and lead contract negotiation and procurement for the company as well as providing assistance to commercial project development activities.
As Contract Manager, you will:
· Manage and lead Procurement and Sale processes and contracts. These include Supply & Installation contracts with OEMs, PPAs, EPC contracts, Civil and Electrical design and construction contracts, O&M Agreements and Professional Services contracts.
· Lead contract negotiations for the business.
· Develop and issue RFPs and manage the whole RFP process. This includes regular liaison and follow-up with counter parties, performance of bid evaluations and negotiation of commercial and legal terms and conditions such as pricing, schedule, scope, performance guarantees, specifications etc.
· Actively manage the contractual/commercial interface with contracting counter parties.
· Prepare detailed analysis and advice on current practice and best practice to support strategic decision making on both commercial items and contractual agreements.
· Provide regular monitoring of contractual compliance requirements and ensure adherence and conformance of contract delivery requirements and terms.
· Ensure that contract ramifications are understood and apply a strategic and commercial lens to ensure that commercial outcomes that are best for business are achieved.
· Establish strong and constructive relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external.
· Balance the need for attention to detail to identify and manage risks
· Assist with the formulation of functional specifications of relevant civil, mechanical and electrical tender documents for construction contracts.
· Tender return assessments and recommendations (technical, commercial and risk).
Skills, qualifications and Experience required from you:
· High Level of skill in contract negotiations and management in the renewable energy space.
· Demonstrated technical acumen and experience working in the onshore wind energy industry
· Team player providing a commercial and outcome focused service to relevant areas within the business.
· Tertiary qualifications, preferably in Engineering, Commercial Law, Finance, Quantity Surveying or Science.
· Sound understanding of various forms of contracts and supply agreements and experience working closely with stakeholders in the resolution of disputes.
· Solid understanding of risk and risk management strategies in a contract environment.
· Strong understanding of the commercial and legal issues impacting project delivery.
· Advanced negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management abilities.
· Ability to work in a high paced environment and to manage competing priorities.
· Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, in a project environment.