Up to €75,000 + bonus
2 days ago
A certified B Corporation, this client makes it possible for businesses and their customers to take urgent action on climate change, helping organisations around the world achieve renewable energy and decarbonization goals through work with global Fortune 500 companies, utilities, and other businesses that want to join the fight against climate change.
The team has deep expertise in sustainability consulting, environmental markets, renewable energy and carbon project development, transportation decarbonisation solutions, and utility renewable energy programs. Since 2002, they have worked with over 400 clients in 60 countries and have been widely recognised for industry leadership and award-winning programs for clients.
The Strategy Consultant is a vital contributor of the Energy & Climate Practice group. The position conducts research and analysis to support the delivery of client work under the direction of senior-level team members.
These consulting projects focus on envisioning and implementing renewable energy and climate solutions for large organisations. The client’s work focuses on reducing emissions of energy supplies - both electricity, transportation and thermal - and enabling growing organisations to adopt these solutions within robust sustainability programs.
- Support the delivery of client work through financial modelling, developing presentations, writing and preparing memos, and helping with additional client requests.
- Conduct independent research using your ingenuity and curiosity to make reasonable assumptions and come up with appropriate solutions, at times with incomplete information. This may include country-level energy market research, delving into standards documents to find specific references or proof points, as well as research on complex topics such as regulatory proceedings.
- Translate results of research and analyses into clear visual representations.
- Support project leads in the creation or editing of spreadsheets so as to be "client-ready,” including developing analytical tools for client deliverables.
- Implement error-checking processes and serve as QA on others' analyses.
- Proactively track actual performance of own work performed against the established plan, with active communication with the Director or Manager.
- Capture project learnings and repeatable deliverables and work samples for future use according to knowledge management processes.
You are someone who loves to analyse, research, and offer creative solutions. You ask lots of questions, take a proactive approach to support the team, and you have a knack for clearly presenting information.
- Experience supporting clients as part of a management consulting team (minimum of 2 years)
- Familiarity with subject matter such as carbon mitigation and offsets, renewable energy, battery storage, green hydrogen, wholesale energy markets (domestic and international), retail electricity supply, utility green tariffs, and greenhouse gas inventories.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel (i.e. advanced functions such as nested formulas, pivot tables, conditional formatting, and advanced filtering/sorting) and prior background with managing extremely large datasets. VBA is a plus.
- Ability to use Tableau for professional data visualisation and analysis