about 3 years ago
Our client, a leading international renewable energy company are currently recruiting for a Construction Manager for their wind team to be based in in Sydney or Melbourne
As Construction Manager, you will be support the preparation, delivery and completion of the construction phase of our client’s wind energy projects.
You will ensure compliance with contract requirements, management systems, H&S guidelines and legislation and all project obligations. You will also guarantee efficient handover of projects to the wind generation team. You will be required to attend sites regularly
The Construction Manager will be responsible for:
· Managing construction elements of projects from notice to proceed to handover & generation.
· Empowering teams to work collaboratively and take responsibility for delivering projects
· Providing specialist and technical construction knowledge at project delivery level.
· Supporting preparation and negotiation of contract documentation and interacting with the procurement team to delivery of the procurement strategy,
· Leading on delivery of renewable projects from notice to proceed through to operation.
· Managing contractual obligations and processes
· Ensuring project compliance for investors with H&S Environment procedures and relevant H&S legislation.
· Preparing of construction costs and client reporting
· managing the coordination of milestone events
· Ensuring a smooth handover of the project
· Managing and quantifying construction risks and escalating where necessary.
· Ensuring investor requirements, are understood and met.
· Ensuring supplier performance feedback is provided
· Monitoring construction costs through procurement, engineering, economic design and scope.
· Knowledge of renewable energy construction procedures including civil, equipment and electrical engineering.
· Understanding of the development, construction and handover phases of projects
· Understanding of project contracts
· Knowledge of Australian construction industries including regulations and legislation.
· Leadership skills, with ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
· Negotiation skills. Experience of negotiating in a commercial or engineering space.
· Ability to manage complex issues, risks and stakeholder needs.
· Ability to manage project contractual obligations.
· Ability to identify and mitigate risks
· Experience in managing site and project construction teams
· Commercial experience in preparing and delivering construction contracts
· Understanding of Construction Management.
· Experience in managing projects within time and budget constraints.
· Relevant degree eg construction management/ engineering/ science or equivalent qualification.
· Ability to travel to project sites for regular periods during construction.
· Home will be considered.