Directly reflective of experience
almost 3 years ago
The position of the Wind Construction Managers purposes is to lead the Wind construction teams ensuring the timely completion of site related work associated with the project.
Reporting to Project director
- Relevant university degree or college diploma
- 5 years related work experience in the construction industry.
- Strong understanding of the relevant electrical, mechanical, building codes and OHSACT requirements for a construction site.
- Experience managing a power plant construction site is required, ideally Wind.
- Excellent project management skills with a highly organized approach, written and oral communications and presentation skills. A valid driver’s license is essential.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English are required and an ability to speak an African language would be an advantage.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Manage the development of the Wind Facilities from site establishment through to Final Completion, facilitate interface between the EPC Contractor and the Project Sponsor.
- Review and manage adherence to leases, servitude agreements, applicable permits, EA’s, and other site-specific documents and formulate implementation strategies
- Contract management, including the management of the site based supervisory teams, monitoring of project progress, construction and erection activities, Quality Assurance, procurement and receipt of components, equipment and materials. Manage QC aspects of procured goods and tracking of its logistics.
- Review and approve project risk assessments as part of ongoing project planning function. The Wind Construction Manager is responsible for developing a project risk profile that mirrors planned cash flows, as well as a risk management budget and schedule for mitigating such risks.
- Monitoring of permitting issues, adherence to the Environmental Management Plan
- Review grid documentation manage Eskom interface with regards to self-build, grid connection and grid compliance testing
- Management of the site Health and Safety.
- Management of Reporting to and from the Contractor, Owner’s Engineer and Environmental Control Officer.
- Assisting the Company’s Engineer with setting up of the commissioning and testing activities
- Manage the preparation of Project Documentation and handover to Operations