Directly reflective of experience
6 months ago
The Solar PV Construction Manager is responsible for the execution of Utility Solar PV with both technical and financial elements
Reporting to Project director
- Relevant university degree or college diploma
- 5 years related work experience in the construction industry.
- Strong understanding of the relevant electrical, mechanical, building codes and OHSACT requirements for a construction site.
- Experience managing a power plant construction site is required, ideally Solar PV
- Excellent project management skills with a highly organized approach, written and oral communications and presentation skills. A valid driver’s license is essential.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English are required and an ability to speak an African language would be an advantage.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Manage the development of the Wind Facilities from site establishment through to Final Completion, facilitate interface between the EPC Contractor and the Project Sponsor.
- Contract management, including the management of the site based supervisory teams, monitoring of project progress, construction and erection activities, Quality Assurance, procurement and receipt of components, equipment and materials. Manage QC aspects of procured goods and tracking of its logistics.
- Monitoring of permitting issues, adherence to the Environmental Management Plan
- Review grid documentation manage Eskom interface with regards to self-build, grid connection and grid compliance testing
- Management of the site Health and Safety.
- Management of Reporting to and from the Contractor, Owner’s Engineer and Environmental Control Officer.
- Assisting the Company’s Engineer with setting up of the commissioning and testing activities
- Manage the preparation of Project Documentation and handover to Operations