7 months ago
- Collect, analyze, summarize and understand business requirements and accordingly develop configuration specifications to document GT configuration at its various lifecycle states including as built assembly configuration and ongoing maintenance configurations.
- Review and recommend changes to configuration management processes; develop process improvements to automate and streamline build these processes and resolve environment problems and suggest environment modifications to support system needs.
- Provide technical support for system design, testing and implementation activities to support ongoing Technical Data Integration efforts.
- Identify shortcomings and missed information that result in business inefficiencies.
- Apply the principles from industry best practices and remain current on industry and technical skills in the areas of configuration management.
- Development and structure teams from inside to address the identified issues and develop solutions that can be implemented to foster increased business efficiencies.
- Support those teams as they develop design, testing and implementation plans.
- Collect and consolidate corporate baseline of GT installations.
- Study the aspects of equipment interchangeability and upgrade planning.
- Develop process improvements that support both the business and engineering teams in rapid access to accurate and current information regarding installation configuration.
- Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts;
- Some overnight travel (expected 10 to 20%) by land and/or air with some trips lasting one or more weeks;
- Availability for work after normal working hours, weekends, and holidays as required;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
SKILLS & EDUCATION
- BS degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering from an accredited college or university; knowledge of system engineering including mechanical with a preference for candidates having familiarity with manufacturing processes and planning methods and Enterprise Resource Planning systems, e.g., SAP.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as industry reports and technical journals.
- Ability to write technical reports and correspondence including customer reports.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform necessary calculations to satisfy job requirements.
- Ability to make judgment decisions based on specifications or technical requirements.
- General business office application understanding of spreadsheets, electronic mail, word processing, ERP, Power Point drawings, etc