27 days ago
A multinational renewable energy company are seeking an Electricity Markets Compliance Manager to oversee the management of their renewable energy generation applications and licensing requirements, ensuring the projects will be able to export electricity to the National Electricity Market (NEM).
This is an opportunity to join a market leader with a diverse portfolio of utility scale renewable energy projects across Australia including Solar, Wind and Battery storage projects.
There is real scope for career progression due to the growth plans and structure of this asset management team. Our client are seeking an energy professional with experience in working with the Australian Electricity Market Operator (AEMO) and who is able to interpret and manage sets of rules and regulations in the Australian electricity marketplace.
· You will manage the AEMO registration process and the jurisdictional generation requirements whilst liaising with NSPs and contractors to gain technical data.
· As renewable energy projects proceed from generation into operations you will establish and manage project obligations under National Electricity Law and the National Electricity Rules (NER).
· Manage the ongoing compliance of each renewable energy project, utilising internal management tools and maintaining project records
· Work closely with the Asset Manager of each project to establish systems and communication protocols to enable the projects to operate effectively
· Liaise with project stakeholders to collate registration requirements
· Manage communications with AEMO in response to market alerts as they are issued
· Work closely with internal teams to understand opportunities as they develop
· Maintain an awareness of wholesale price trans and future direction
· Provide market intelligence
· You will oversee LCG trading, reporting systems and procedures.
Knowledge & Skills required:
· Knowledge of AEMO, NER and AER essential
· Understanding of generator registration process for renewable projects preferred
· Understanding of PSSE and PSCAD models preferred
· Understanding of SCADA systems & commissioning procedures preferred
· Understanding of state regulators who provide generation licences
· Effective negotiation skills, with experience of negotiating in a commercial or engineering environment.
· Relevant experience of managing electricity generation registration and licence applications in Australia.
· Stakeholder engagement experience
· Relevant degree level qualification