Competitive Salary (DOE)
5 months ago
A unique opportunity has arisen with an IPP in the renewable energy markets for a Commercial Sales Manager in Origination, dedicated to finding, negotiating, and executing PPA's across their portfolio.
- Supporting the development of new renewable capacity in the Australia by securing project revenues through long term energy sales agreements (PPA) with commercial, industrial, and non-traditional off-takers
- Lead origination of innovative offtake / hedging opportunities with wholesale participants to support the development and operational portfolio.
- Leverage of an existing network to build out the portfolio.
- Scouting and identification of opportunities and potential counterparties for long term sales of energy and renewable energy certificates/credits
- Managing responses to local Requests for Proposals and tenders for renewable energy from Corporate offtakes, preparing and structuring offers, in close collaboration with Business Development teams, local commercial teams and other involved business lines
- Successful origination of Corporate PPA arrangements and hedging strategies to support portfolio.
- Successful development and management of relationships with colleagues, partners, and stakeholders
- Understanding and follow up on developments in regional energy markets and policy and the impact these will have on power marketing.
You will possess the following skills, experience and qualifications.
- Education: Degree in engineering or economics and/or master in energy related business
- Experience: Ideally, professional experience in the energy sector of at least 8 years
- Demonstrated experience in the management of complex offers and successful negotiation of profitable contracts.
- Ability to work as a team to tight deadlines, with a result oriented and proactive approach.
- Must have an interest in renewable energy projects and working with a variety of different people and cultures.