Competitive Salary (DOE)
3 months ago
Join a global multinational that has taken significant bounds in the transition away from fossil fuels into renewable energy. My client has an exciting pipeline of developments in the Asia-Pacific region that is primarily focused on offshore wind projects. Based in Japan, your role as commercial director of origination will focus on pursuing all prospective development opportunities for offshore wind projects in Japan.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking all origination processes by leading development teams in co-ordination with our global partners to spearhead new transactions for potential offshore wind projects and bids
- Liaising with all relevant stakeholders including government entities (local, state and federal), vendors in order to establish the best business case for offshore development
- Support the commercial negotiation of new transactions
- Collaborate with internal development teams to ensure each milestone of project development is met
- Managing tasks in line with budgets and schedules which includes managing key relationships with internal and external consultants
- Preparing persuasive business cases to upper management that effectively translate the potential of prospective offshore wind projects and structures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have a tertiary degree from an accredited University or College (Business, Economics, law, or Engineering) – Master’s degree or MBA is a plus
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Japanese
- Possess a professional background in the energy, banking, private equity, engineering/construction or infrastructure and utilities sector
- have a strong understanding of economic merits and risks associated with clean energy projects (experience in contracts and valuation models a plus)
- Demonstrated track record in origination of renewable energy ventures
- Preferably have experience within wholesale electricity sales and/or the renewable energy industry and possess knowledge of the electric utility industry and electric energy markets
If this sounds like the role for you, please do not wait to apply.