£40,000 basic + Package
over 1 year ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest and leading international energy suppliers in their search for a Commercial Manager. The firm has offices on multiple continents with an excellent reputation.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for undertaking a wide range of leading and supporting activities and will report to the Senior Commercial Manager responsible for the team. These activities will include:
- Industrial energy services,
- Energy Services,
- SMART buildings and data solutions,
- Energy Intelligence,
- Consultant services,
- I & C supply (electricity and gas),
They will provide contract commercial management services along with supporting growth within the team on the existing contracts as well as new business development initiatives to extend the suite of services and supply products.
The Commercial Manager will manage numerous stakeholder relationships, including those with client representatives; operational teams running the contracts and other colleagues who provide functional support to the contracts (e.g. risk, finance, HR etc.).
The Commercial Manager will be required to interact with managers of all levels both internally and within our customer’s organisations. Senior level dialogue and communication skills are essential in fulfilling this role.
To support and deliver the functions of the central commercial team including supporting the delivery of the commercial function across certain Key Account contracts including:
- Supporting the management and mitigation of risks at all levels (operational, financial, commercial, technical, etc) with a particular focus on Specialist Services commercial risks and those that affect all contracts at a strategic or tactical level,
- To review, understand and clearly communicate the obligations and liabilities contained within a contract to with the overall aim of maximising income, minimising costs, and ensuring contractual and business compliance,
- Managing the central repository for Commercial including confidential / commercially sensitive information,
- Supporting day to day activities in relation to I&C supply,
- Supporting the central Risk Management and Business Continuity functions including monthly reporting and continuous improvement,
- Taking a key role in the management of contractual claims and disputes with clients and other third-parties,
- Commercial management on key accounts contracts including:
- Variation / change control,
- Governance within the contracts and DLAs,
- Aiding the quality of service by ensuring awareness of contractual responsibilities among all other colleagues (including contract deliverables, scope of services, SLAs etc.),
- Assisting in the search for efficiencies and service optimisation,
- Enforcing commercial compliance.
- Being a professional and equitable negotiator in resolving disputes in a fair but beneficial manner to the company,
- Ensure full commercial governance to all contracts and subcontractors where involved including providing advice on, and auditing compliance to, the DLAs,
- To provide day to day commercial support to the account management teams where capacity permits.
- Several years’ experience within a similar industry – supply experience is preferable,
- Educated to degree / diploma level or equivalent,
- Understanding and practical application of base UK law applicable to Commercial (Construction Act etc),
- Practical experience of Commercial Management,
- Excellent communicator and skilled influencer,
- Excellent financial acumen with an ability to analyse complex data and documentation with accuracy,
- Experience of negotiation with internal and external stakeholders at various levels on commercial issues,
- Sound understanding of risk analysis / management,
- PC Literate with knowledge of MS applications e.g. Word, Excel,
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Business Assurance systems.