An exciting opportunity to join an established UK solar developer as part of their EPC arm.
- The Commercial Manager will manage the delivery on multiple projects whilst developing and maintaining excellent client relationships.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the finances of a project as it progresses.
- They will be capable of maintaining a long-term view in terms of business opportunities that will enable their organisation to develop and grow, being responsible for exploring new avenues of business, delivering bids and negotiating contracts.
- Strategically expanding, preserving or improving procedures and standards.
- Assist in compiling tender responses and carrying out initial tender analysis and pricing
- Negotiation of contract terms
- Assessing and managing risk
- Develop excellent client relationships
- Assist clients in value engineering when necessary
- Submit timely valuations and measure chargeable variations
- Manage subcontractor and supplier relationships
- Reporting progress information in relation to projects to board level
- Offering financial direction and instruction to the team ensuring they understand key aspects of the contract
- Overseeing financial key performance indicators (KPIs) of a project
- Ensuring that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations
- Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties
- Ensuring company policy is updated and compliant
- Strong understanding of standard forms of building contracts and the legal framework
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
- Knowledge of the renewable energy market would be an advantage
- Ability to resolve contractual and commercial issues
- Good IT skills with the ability to adapt to new software
- Quantity surveying background is desirable
- Strong analytical skills
- Exemplary communication skills
- Strong ability to liaise with clients
- Strong team management skills