Up to £60,000 basic
almost 2 years ago
The Green Recruitment Company are assisting a large independent energy supplier in their expansion by recruiting a Commercial Manager in the Pricing team. You will be responsible for overall pricing of tariffs, B2B offerings and PPAs. This is a strategic position – you must forecast how prices will evolve from an energy perspective with a key focus on energy costs.
On the domestic side, with the onset of the price cap, and smart meter deployment, this role is a key influencer on price cap strategy and how we manage that will be a critical factor in influencing our domestic sales growth. Another critical factor will be how we evolve domestic pricing in response to the opportunities afforded by the smart meter rollout, in particular with respect to the viability, and design of time of day tariffs.
Managing a team of four analysts, and developing their functionality, and skillset. With respect to Pricing, the team is responsible for:
- Accountable for provision of timely and accurate pricing for Business Sales for routine and bespoke ad hoc requests, within margin/risk strategies.
- Regular reviewing and development of the tariff options the company sells and presenting regularly on this to board members.
- Accountable for continuing to build process structure for niche customer groups.
- Continuously improvement and developing risk analytics and methodology and advise Head of Trading.
- Accountable for continued development of quote summarisation systems in SQL to track and report on
- Quoting + provide accurate customer lists
- Continue the evolution of the pricing system
- Liaise with Business Sales and improve their understanding of gas & power pricing dynamics.
- Strategic planning/analysis for growth/margin strategies on the business portfolio.
With respect to the commercial analysis function, the team:
- Responsible for the delivery of a wide ranging team reporting framework.
- Development and operational delivery of the profitability model for the entire supply business, meeting the requirements of the finance department and senior management.
- Ensuring management of the energy supply cost stack is historically verified, and forecast accurately for the purposes of profitability modelling and quoting.
- Provide input into the budget process
- Conduct commercial analysis on any ad-hoc projects.
- Continuous involvement in bespoke commercial modelling activities for the diverse group, and being a major stakeholder in strategic modelling work such as refinancing projects, new business activity etc.
You will have been in a pricing role with an energy supplier already and have experience in the various elements of the cost stack that go into profile class pricing and half-hourly site pricing for power, as well as having worked on gas pricing in a post Nexus world. You will mix strategic thinking with an appreciation or risk elements and the pragmatism needed to win business and thus be cognizant of the business growth needs. You will be expected to demonstrate initiative in the role and be able to work and articulate issues with non-numerically focused stakeholders.
You will have a back ground in analysis with an understanding of key automation and coding frameworks, such as SQL, VBA, Python. You will be aware of necessary business reporting needs around performance of different segments of the customer base and PPAs the company signs up to.
Ideally you will have line managed before but in any case will need to demonstrate an aptitude in management skills and dealing with senior stakeholders. You will likely to have a background in energy, and quantitative skills based around a good degree level education, and a sound financial background would be advantageous (accounting, economics etc).
The fast moving nature of the company’s business means that from time to time you may be asked to perform roles outside your original job description on an ad hoc basis. This allows the company to utilise its people in the best possible way at all times and helps employees to make their contribution in a changing environment