9 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company is working with a leading European infrastructure investor who have acquired mixed-technology energy asset portfolios across Europe. These investments are spread across Spain, Italy, France and Portugal.
They have set up a portfolio company, which acts as a platform to consolidate the investments made by Spanish & Italian subsidiaries.
The business is now at the stage where they need to hire a Senior Individual who can perform the valuation of both the Italian & Spanish entities, monitor the business plan of the European entities, analyse the pipeline performance and implement new strategies moving forward. This hire will support the local Iberia and Italian team for any corporate acquisition and for the presentation of new opportunities to the funds. The Commercial Director will act as the sole employee and report directly to the fund.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced finance professional with extensive European energy & infrastructure expertise to lead on the reporting, consolidation, company incorporation and valuation across several European entities.
The ideal candidate will be a native Italian and/or Spanish speaker and be fluent in English. They will be based in London or the surrounding areas and will be expected to travel in the role when required.
The main responsibilities of the Commercial Director will be as follows:
- Monitor that the business plan performance of the Italian & Spanish entities is followed having direct interaction with the CEOs of both geographies, representatives of the joint-venture partners to assess pipeline and performance of the projects under operation.
- Support the local teams in the financial assessment of new opportunities
- Valuation of both entities to the parent fund
- Leading the reporting consolidation of both strategies and process in Iberia and Spain to assure alignment in reporting and strategy
The following duties will be carried out in order to fulfil the role:
- Produce the semi-annual valuation of the Iberian and Italian entities using the inputs provided by the geographies. Direct interaction with the entities to understand all the assumptions
- Submission of operational model to the banks as soon as financing is secured across the two geographies
- Review reports (Monthly management, Investment activity and board reports) prepared by the geographies, assuring the robustness and alignment of information
- Review investment opportunities presented by the geographies and challenge the assumptions
- Manage the cash flow of both entities, funding new opportunities and assuring that distributions from geographies flows to the funds
- Performing financial planning and analysis, decision support to IC and board
- Fully qualified accountant or other relevant professional qualifications.
- Min. 7-10 years post qualification / relevant experience.
- Must have expertise in updating operational project finance model and perform project valuations
- Must have expertise in consolidating entities in the Iberian or Italian markets
- 5+ years in the energy/wider energy/infrastructure sectors
- Knowledge setting up European entities in UK accounting systems
- Leading the financial statements for multiple entities and supervising the entire accounting structure
- Excellent commercial skills to communicate with internal and external stakeholders on performance
- Fluency in Italian, Spanish and English. All three desirable, candidate must at least be fluent in English and either Italian/Spanish
- Flexibility to travel across Europe when required
- Ability to deliver analysis both qualitative and quantitative for decision making at senior management level.