Competitive Salary (DOE)
5 months ago
One of the largest Energy Suppliers on the planet are looking for a Commercial Director (Net Zero) to lead in developing decarbonization strategies to support their clients across the manufacturing, industrial, corporate, retail, heritage and transportation sectors. You will also Line Manage a team of Business Development Managers and Bid Managers.
- Support the creation of the growth strategy and marketing plan
- Delivery of allocated sales targets
- Proactively build client relationships to maintain a strong pipeline and win rate
- Successfully lead large complex (multi-service) bids to Energy and Business Services clients
- Ensure compliance with governance processes
- Ensure CRM system is up to date and make improvements to processes and
- Lead and develop a team to deliver sales targets
- Support the marketing strategy for the sector to raise profile of the Firm
- work with c-suite clients from various sectors, to develop and deliver a broad range of sustainability services, in accordance with our clients strategic direction.
- work with the Solutions Team to accurately price solutions that deliver target margins
- a trusted partner to our clients delivery strong advisory skills with a capacity to build convictions
- Actively manage the routes to market and Identify and attend networking events
- Engage and nurture executive relationships across the industry which will generate new business opportunities and raise the profile of the company in the sectors
- Keep all stakeholders informed as opportunities progress through the cycle
- Working with the Solutions Team to develop the technical requirements in accordance with customer expectations.
- Working with Commercial Structurer and Commercial Manager developing opportunity business cases and supporting with finance queries
- Ability to articulate the key risks and benefits of the opportunity to internal stakeholders and in particular investment teams.
- Liaising with third party funders to secure financing.
Solution & submission Leadership
- To ensure client insights/needs are included within our solutions
- Providing clear direction to our Solutions Team on customer requirements and continuously improving the opportunity with good customer engagement
- Identify areas where solutions are poor and propose innovation or improvements
- Comply with all pre-bid governance processes to ensure authority to proceed
- Ensure all stakeholders are briefed on submissions as they progress
- Assemble and manage bid teams including SMEs, estimators, bid support, supply chain, commercial and operations as appropriate
- Work closely with commercial finance team to challenge existing and new costs to produce compelling outcomes
- Lead opportunities through to financial and commercial closure with the client
- Lead the smooth hand over to mobilisation and operational teams
- Leads internal governance at BUCC, UK CC and Group CC levels
- Operational understanding of at least one core business Group business area; i.e. facilities management,
- Knowledge of mobilisations and key processes which govern financial, commercial, safety and performance of business
- Identifies ways to improve current operations to improve profitability and customer retention